Upgrade to Euro5 and new 4-speed gearbox
Twin cylinder of 649 cm3, 61 hp and 62 Nm, reverse gear, 13,390 euros
In terms of three-wheeled vehicles, we cannot say that sidecars are the most represented category in France. Last year, he sold just over a hundred Ural and Changjiang sides. But it is not because they are rare that these do not benefit from an update, as we saw recently with the Mash Side Force.
The Chinese manufacturer Changjiang is indeed upgrading its CJ650 sidecar to Euro5 and thus retains its two versions, Dynasty and Pekin Express for 2021, two models which are based on the same basis and are distinguished by some equipment.
At the heart of the sidecar, the 649.3 cm3 liquid-cooled 4-stroke in-line twin cylinder therefore complies with the latest European antipollution standard without losing power since it still claims 61 horsepower and 62 Nm of torque.
Another novelty on this last vintage, the 6-speed gearbox gives way to a 4-speed gearbox with reverse gear. The gear ratio and staging have therefore been completely revised, the French importer DIP announcing here a speed of 5,500 rpm at 90 km / h in 4th gear and of 6,500 rpm at 110 km / h. In addition, a 16 tooth pinion will be offered as an accessory instead of the 15 element fitted as standard.
The cycle part remains the same with KYB front, rear and side suspensions, 18-inch spoke rims or even combined braking and a parking brake. The set weighs 365 kg and has a 20 liter tank.
On the equipment side, both versions are equipped with an LCD dashboard, LED front and rear headlights, a spare wheel on the side trunk, a saddle on shock absorber, a tool kit, but also a side cover and a protective cover for the wheel. The Dynasty is distinguished by the padding of its basket and its heated handles. The Pekin Express, for its part, adopts a more adventurous style with additional long-range headlights on the basket and a winch.
The Changjiang Dynasty and Pekin Express sidecars will arrive in French dealerships at the end of April and will be priced at 13,390 euros.
Changjiang Dynasty / Pekin Express Sidecar Technical Specifications
- Engine: in-line twin, 4 stroke, liquid cooled, double overhead camshaft, 8 valves, Euro5
- Displacement: 649.3 cc
- Bore x stroke: 83 x 60 mm
- Power supply: Bosch electronic injection
- Ignition: electronic
- Starting: electric
- Gearbox: 4 gears + reverse
- Power: 61 hp (45 kW) at 8,000 rpm
- Torque: 62 Nm at 7,000 rpm
- Front suspension: 41mm KYB fork
- Rear suspension: KYB double hydraulic shock absorber, 5-position adjustment
- Sidecar suspension: adjustable KYB shock absorber
- Front brake: 320 mm floating disc, 3 piston caliper
- Rear and side brake: 256 mm disc, single piston caliper
- CBS combined braking
- Parking brake on the handlebars
- Tires: 4.10-18
- Length: 2,235 mm
- Width: 1,655 mm
- Height: 1.070 mm
- Height of cell: 780 mm
- Ground clearance: 167 mm
- Weight: 365 kg
- Tank: 20 liters (including 4 L of reserve)
Availability / Prices
- Dynasty colors: glossy black, glossy gray
- Coloris Pekin Express: khaki matte, beige matte
- Price: 13,390 euros
- Availability: end of April
More info about Changjiang