Anker, FAW-Volkswagen and NXP formalize their partnership with OPPO to bring VOOC fast-charging technology to the automotive sector, public space and new devices
According to OPPO, innovation and people are the two driving forces behind its development. The leading brand in the global smartphone and connected objects market is indeed seeking to advance technologies so that they can provide exceptional experiences for everyone.
For years, OPPO has started building partnerships with other large visionary companies and global collaborations, in a “win-win” process, so that its innovations reach as many people as possible. OPPO has selected the best companies, with the best minds, in several sectors and industries.
Technologies to transform the world
Strengthening its research and development policy, OPPO has invested US $ 7 billion over three years to develop advanced technologies and create unparalleled products. In addition to manufacturing smartphones, the brand plans to expand its product portfolio to include broader smart technologies and innovations that help people at home, at work and on the go. OPPO has built ecosystems in three particular areas: fast charging, 5G technology and the internet of things.
The Flash Initiative: OPPO enters a new era
During the last Mobile World Congress 2021 in Shanghai, OPPO announced the launch of its new project called: The Flash Initiative. VOOC, OPPO’s proprietary charging technology will thus be developed around the world under license with visionary companies. Among these new partners are FAW-Volkswagen, Anker and NXP, leaders in the fields of automotive, mobile charging and computer chips. Each of them affects consumers in environments where they often need to charge their devices: at home, in the car and in public spaces. Each partner will work with exclusive technical drawings developed by OPPO, which has filed more than 2,950 flash charging patents to date, of which more than 1,400 have already been issued.
The CTTL (China Telecommunication Technology Laboratory) technological certification laboratory will be responsible for testing and certifying all partner products equipped with VOOC. CTTL has also led the way in setting fast-charging safety standards and awarded OPPO five stars for its VOOC technology.
OPPO accelerates its VOOC innovations
Launched in 2014, VOOC technology already equips more than 30 smartphone models and allows more than 175 million users around the world to benefit from an ultra-fast charging experience.
Among the charging blocks already available, we can mention:
– The tiny 50W Mini SuperVOOC charger, compatible with smartphones, tablets and laptops – to be forgotten in your pocket with its 10.05 mm thick and 82.2 mm long.
– The AirVOOC 65W wireless charger, which can power a 4000mAh smartphone battery in just 30 minutes.
– The 125W flash charger which can also fully charge the battery in just 20 minutes.
Each block uses low voltage load with two cell structure and is equipped with multiple charge pumps and temperature sensors to automatically regulate voltage and dissipate heat.
New global partners
The common goal of OPPO’s new partners is to facilitate access to fast charging in any scenario of daily life, giving consumers technology that can simplify and improve many uses.
– Anchor, one of the world’s best-known electronics brands, designs innovative products ranging from power banks to chargers, but also from vacuum cleaners to headphones. By working with OPPO, Anker will help bring fast charging to millions of people.
– FAW-Volkswagen, the joint venture between the FAW Group and the Volkswagen Group, will integrate OPPO’s charging technology into Volkswagen cars made in China, transforming the car experience for both driver and passengers.
– The chipmaker NXP brings smart and connected solutions to a whole range of industries, from smart cities to industry, cars, smartphones and homes. Building on a long-standing relationship, NXP will implement several patents owned by OPPO to integrate VOOC charging into its printed circuit boards. This means that fast charging can be more easily integrated into new automotive applications, in public spaces or in industry.
OPPO has also licensed its patented designs and granted patents to some 40 companies across sectors and industries. OPPO hopes to enable people to use their devices when they want, how they want, through a
faster charge for all. Its philosophy is to create innovative technologies and enrich the daily lives of people around the world.